Fundamental movement skills Lesson 6: Crawling and core strength
- I will explore crawling activities
- I can display core strength, balance and coordination
What you need
- Socks (two different colours)
Activity 1 - Stepping stones
- Place your socks out on the floor
- Only one foot is allowed on a sock
- Using your foot to foot travelling, can you navigate the stepping stones without 'falling off'?
- How many steps can you take without losing balance?
Progression 1: Hopping stones
- Can you navigate the stepping stones using the same foot to hop?
- Change feet every time you fall!
Progression 2: Rainbow stones
- Now you must travel one way across only using one colour sock and travel back using the other colour
- Again you can choose whether to use both feet or just one
Activity 2: Climbing wall
- Place your gloves on the floor as well
- Now we are to crawl up 'the wall'
- Your hands can only use the gloves and your feet only the socks
- Can you make it across the wall without 'falling off'?
- Can you climb up the wall forwards and down the wall backwards?