OAA lesson 2: Communicating and navigating Pt 1
- I will explore simple communication activities with others
- I can explain why communication is important in a team
What you need
- 3 pairs of socks
- Something to use as a blindfold (we used a wooly hat)
- A safe space!
Activity 1 - Follow my lead
- One partner is blindfolded
- The other is the leader
- They are connected by both holding a sock
- The leader is to guide their partner around the activity area, developing trust and confidence
- Swap roles and repeat
Activity 2 - Follow my voice
- Repeat the previous activity but without physical contact, only verbal communciation (talking to your partner)
- Use paces to guide them i.e. 'take 3 steps forwards'
Activity 3 - The navigator
- Place three pairs of socks on the floor in the activity area
- Time how quickly you can guide your partner to collect all three pairs
- Swap roles and see if you can beat your partners time!